The AeroForm Premium Long Snake Bite Bandage with Indicators is a Premium Heavyweight Conforming Bandage perfect for use with the Pressure Immobilisation Technique, which is used for the treatment of all Australian Snake and Funnel Webbed Spider bites, Blue Ringed Octopus and Cone Shell stings.
This bandage is of sufficient length to bandage a large adult leg.
10cm x 10.5M Stretched
The pressure immobilisation technique (PIT) was introduced for the treatment of Australian snake bites1 and is suitable for other elapid snake bites. It is also recommended for envenomation by a number of other animals. The PIT retards the flow of lymph by which venoms gain access to the circulation. It has also been shown that there may be inactivation of certain venoms and venom components when the injected venom remains trapped in the tissues by the pressure
The AeroForm Snake Bite Bandage is also available in a shorter version for upper limbs and pediatric use.
Benefits of the Long Snake Bite Bandages with Indicators
- Wider and longer than most crepe or elastic bandages.
- Longer than most Snake Bite Bandages on the Market, ensuring that the bandage is suitable for entire adult leg immobilisation.
- Continuous indicators ensure you have the correct pressure over the entire limb.
- Suitable for the treatment of all Australian Snake and Funnel Webbed Spider bites, Blue Ringed Octopus and Cone Shell stings.
Use of the Pressure Immobilisation Technique According to ARC Guidelines*
The Pressure Immobilisation Technique (PIT) is recommended for application to bites and stings by the following creatures
- All Australian venomous snakes, including sea snakes [Class A; LOE III]
- Funnel Web spider [Class A; LOE IV]
- Blue-ringed octopus [Class B; LOE Expert Consensus Opinion]
- Cone shell [Class B; LOE Expert Consensus Opinion]
The Pressure Immobilisation Technique is NOT recommended for the first aid management of:
- other spider bites including redback;
- jellyfish stings;
- fish stings including stonefish bites
- stings by scorpions, centipedes or beetles.
* According to Guideline 9.4.8, for more information, click here.
Indicators show when the correct level of compression is achieved
The unique stitching technology ensures the correct pressure is evenly applied over the entire limb.