The goal of the marketing coordinator is to develop and execute the plans and strategies to raise the kind of awareness that can drive sales. Serving as the marketing manager’s right hand, a marketing coordinator stays informed about the market, industry trends, and the competitive landscape, while helping strategize and implement marketing, branding, and advertising plans. Day to day, he or she may draft reports, create or coordinate content, track results, build relationships with sales teams, and otherwise support all marketing strategies. Often, he or she acts as the intermediary between creative and category managers.
From day one, this individual will contribute to existing marketing programs, while assisting with the development of new initiatives aligned with company and client goals. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media. The marketing coordinator must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Conduct research to analyse market trends, customer behaviour, and competitive landscape, and prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data; which will then be used to:
- Create specific marketing campaigns either through conventional or digital means including social media and adword campaigns.
- Support the Marketing Manager in evaluating and establishing the marketing plan and strategy by assembling and analysing sales forecasts, setting objectives, planning and organizing promotional presentations, and updating promotional calendars.
- Communicate campaign objectives, timelines, and deliverables to the sales teams, and provide instructions for use or promotion.
- Plan and manage meetings, events, conferences, and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, developing schedules and assignments, and coordinating mailing lists
- Maintain a directory and inventory of sales support materials, ensuring all resources are current and accurate, and coordinate the creation of new materials as needed
- Continually seek and research new sources of prospective customer data, and provide recommendations to sales and marketing leadership
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Working knowledge of design and email software platforms (constant contact, mailchimp, pardot etc).
- Proficiency with Google AdWords and Analytics.
- Experience working to budgets and forecasting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Advertising on Social Media Platforms
Preferred Skills or Willing to Develop
- Ability to use basic Adobe Cloud Applications (namely Photoshop & Indesign)
- Ability to use WP Bakery to the full extent
- HTML, CSS and basic webdesign understanding