The Local Sports Defibrillator Grant Program allocates $4 million over four years to assist sporting clubs across NSW in the purchase and maintenance of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs).
An AED is a life-saving device which delivers a controlled shock to an individual experiencing cardiac arrest, dramatically increasing their chances of survival.
Sudden Cardiac Arrest can strike anyone, anywhere, at any time. Every minute that passes before emergency medical care takes place, the sufferers chance of survival diminishes by 7-10%. When a defibrillator is used it can increase the chance of survival by an astonishing 74%!
About the program
This excellent incentive by the NSW Government provides sports clubs with the opportunity to acquire an AED package for their club or sports facility at a reduced cost.
Sporting organisations will be able to choose from a panel of approved AED Panel Service Providers and a variety of AED packaged services with the level of customer service that meets their needs.
The base level AED package will include:
- An AED
- AED familiarisation instruction
- A minimum of six years of essential AED maintenance
For full details of what a base level AED package includes, visit the Frequently Asked Questions.
AED Panel Service Providers, AED products and services are required to meet and maintain minimum requirements under the panel contract with the Office of Sport. Sporting organisations must rely on their own enquiries to the suitability of the AED Panel Service Provider they engage.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Incorporated, not-for-profit sports clubs in NSW
- State or national sporting organisations on behalf of member clubs located in NSW, to a maximum of 10 per Zone
- Licensed sporting clubs, providing that the project directly benefits sporting activities
- Sport-clubs associated with a school, church or university providing they are an incorporated not for profit club in their own right
- Councils on behalf of sports clubs
- Councils in Zones 2 and 3, for sport and recreational facilities within their local government areas
- Service clubs such as Rotary, CWA and Lions, on behalf of sporting clubs
Next: Find Out About Our Amazing Samaritan 500P
- 8-year warranty
- World Leading CPR Advisor
- Semi-Automatic Shock Delivery
- Easy to Follow Visual and Verbal Guides
- Advanced Technology
- Single Battery/Electrode Cartridge